Monday, July 7, 2014

Hearing God in the Eventide - July 6, 2014

You were tested today.  You were severely tested.  The battle in your mind raged and raged.  But, you kept a bridle on your tongue, and held back the tide of sin and ugliness that tried again and again to enter into your gates, but, you held the gate.  You stood firm on the shore and withstood the beasties as they tried to break the gate.  With the onslaught of battering rams they came again and again.  Oh, the battle raged, but, you stood your ground, you would not buckle, under the onslaught of ugly thoughts, oh, the words, the stinging ugly words wanted to spew like venom, but, lo, you would not give them and inch.

 You stood firm, and now in the quiet and in the stillness you come to Me, weary, fatigued and exhausted from the battle.  You stood firm.  You did not surrender.  I saw everything.  Oh, you were never alone.  I was right there with you, just as I am here now with you.

The battles are strategically placed before you.  The snares are set to catch you unaware, but, they will not succeed, for you My love, My dear one have spent time alone with Me.  Your faithful pursuit has prepared you for each battle, before it even comes into view.  Oh, beloved, I know you, you are ready for the battle.  You are strong, you are equipped with My armor and no fiery dart can penetrate through My shield.  Waiting on Me is the most precious place to dwell, for in so doing, you are completely sheltered and protected through out all that you come in contact with.  Oh, beloved sing, sing Me a song let Me hear you.

***note:  so I sang:  "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...like the fragrance after the rain....kings and kingdoms shall all pass away, but there's something about that name..."

No comments: