Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Mini for Alison Schmidlin and a Card for Word Art Wednesday

Hello There,

I hope you all are well and having a wonderful day...I have completed the Mini Album I wanted to send to Alison Schmidlin with her card...I have pictures down below...I love how this mini turned out....and I hope it is a blessing to her...This is the Starbucks coffee sleeve mini I showed you that my friend Christy Faught made and this is my version of her design....I love the size...each sleeve has a tag that slips inside....

I have also completed my card for Word Art Wednesday Challenge I wanted to share with you guys....

We are officially on spring break and we are going to a wedding this weekend for my great-neice...I have made her a card to go with her gift and I love it too....I will post it after the wedding...in case she reads my blog...I don't want her to see it yet....(It's supposed to be a surprise)...

I went to a scrapping crop Friday night with Gina Ploss and her gang...it was fun even though the weather was bad and raining buckets...but, thank God we were all safe and nothing got damaged (my stuff was wrapped in plastic before I went out the door...

I spent most of my crop time working on some cards for the children's hospitals...I think it's called Smile of  a Child or something like that...I'm not sure....anyway I will find out and mail everything out hopefully by Friday....I saw Karen's little chicken card and was inspired (Thanks Karen) it was just adorable and she said she was sending it in...and I remembered this program and now I want to be a part of being a blessing to these kids....


This is the first page of the mini album I used Colorbok "Rosewood" paperpack  and all the bling in the album is from Recollection, the plaid ribbon I won in a blog candy present...

I did alot of fussy cutting with the paper pack for the embellishing and popped them out with pop dots...some of the trim is from Prima, and the stamps are varied if you see one you just love let me know and I will try to go back and look it up for you...

I have found my little pair of postage edge scissors to be some of my favorites for embellishing with...everything is inked with Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" distress ink...this is one of my favorite colors...I have yet to find a paper color that it does not go well with....there is a prima flower here as well...

The papers are very versatile and Allison's mom said she loved birds so I used a beautiful stamp set I bought called "Spread Your Wings" by Just Rite...it has several bird silhouettes and bird cages and a few sentiments..

The Keys are fussy cut from the same background paper and backed in black and pop dotted...the birdcage is from the Just Rite stamp set and fussy cut backed in black and pop dotted...the opposite page I have added some opaque brown rhinestoned to the centers of the daisies...

The crown is a seperate stamp I picked up at Michael's and the scripture sentiment is a stamp I have had for quite some time....the bling is Prima and Recollections....and the top right sentiment is cut from some of the paper and edged and inked and then backed with black and popped out....I love the effect of this simple technique....

This is the back of the Mini with one of the tags that slips into each sleeve...this coffee sleeve mini is just an adorable size it will fit in a purse or backpack easily....and is quite fun to make...if you have any questions...leave a comment and I will be happy to help...


This is the card that I would like to submit to Word Art Wednesday Challenge...I love love love this sentiment...It's from Mother Teresa....I have found this was a woman of few words...but when she spoke it was profound......I made this Friday night at the crop...I used the paper pack (I can't remember the name of it...but it's in the new book) from Close to my Heart" and a beautiful stamp set called "Childhood Portrait" for the tree and children on the bench...I used pop dots for the layers and a little bling...the foundation of the card is dark blue...I do love the look of this card...so peaceful and serene.... 

Blessings
Sherry

No comments: