Thursday, March 8, 2012

Card for Alison Schmidlin

Hello There,
I hope you are doing well today...we are not going to get rain today...they said 70 percent chance...but I don't see that happening....Rebecca has a softball game at 4:00 today....

I wanted to share something with you...I have a blog friend who has a little girl about to turn 16 yrs. old and she is experiencing quite a few health challenges at the moment...her mom has asked if anyone can, to send a card...for her birthday this month to encourage her and let her know we are thinking about her....

Her details are listed on: Justgivemestamps.blogspot.com
(This is her mom's blog)

Her name is:  Alison Schmidlin 
P.O. Box 990
Dillon, MT. 59725
USA

and she is turning 16 yr. this month...
(sshhhhh don't tell her you are sending anything it's supposed to be a surprise...)


Here is my card I am sending and I am trying to finish a little mini album for her this weekend as well....I remember 16yr...so many things going on in your life....so many memories....in the making...If you can, send her a card....I would ask that you lift her up in prayer and her family too.....I have two beautiful daughters in perfect health....one is 26 yr. and one is 13 yrs....as parents we know how much we pour into our children...and want the best for them....we know the pain of seeing our own children suffering....and feeling helpless....but God....can do what we can't do....please pray for her as if she were your own child.....and believe that God is going to heal her completely...thank you so much for your help....your prayers truly do make a difference.....


Here is the card I have made for Alison Schmidlin...I have used black textured cardstock for the base...and layered on  Websters Pages "Hollywood Vogue and Wonder Fall" papers...they are in a 6x6 mini together....and they are stunning....I used the sketch from MOJO Mondays #231 challenge this week....I backed the flag with some burgundy cardstock...and placed 3 rhinestones underneath the flag....I used one of my Cricut...Art Philosophy cartridges for the scallop half circle on top of the flag...the green ribbon is from Stampin Up...I used some pop dots on the tag....which is just adorable on this card....and I pop dotted the cherry blossom flowers...that I just learned how to make...I really love these little blossoms....and as a final touch I tucked in two tiny feathers behind the tag and cherry blossom....I do not know what kind of feathers these are...my daughter gave them to me as part of a gift....

Here is a side view of the card...I am trying to show you the dimensional layering....I love the look of this card.....
and I added a black chipboard A for Alison on the card with pop dots.....
Here is the inside of the card...I used pop dots to make a little raised pocket for her sentiment...yes, I am a wordy person....so I needed a pocket to put all my words in...I also tucked in a few more feathers....just because...well, just because....
I think it's finished now....


I would like to enter this card in the challenge:
MOJO monday #231 sketch



Blessings
Sherry


No comments: