Saturday, March 3, 2012

First Tournament of Season and Rebecca Pitches



Hello There,
It's Saturday...and it's going to be a beautiful weekend....We will be at the softball fields cheering on our number one Athlete Rebecca and she throws down in this first tournament of the season...it started last night with two pool games...and my catcher....was in two what I would call a scamble the players kind of games last night...coach put her on first, and shortstop and then pitcher....she pitched...she has had two lessons so far...and she is learning....and guess what...she did well....it was AWESOME...

This is going to be an interesting day for her....she will not know where she will be playing...and I bet he has her pitching some...our main pitcher will not be here at all for todays games....but still it's going to be a great set of games...I will keep you posted....She is the pitcher on her school team...but the level of the school team is no where near the level of the league team she is on...they are both great...but I am surprised that they put her in pitching already in the league games...I asked her if she told coach she was learning how to pitch...she said "No mom, dad told him"....


Some of the parents said...is she pitching now....I told them she is just starting lessons...she's only had two....her coaches told her she did very well...and her teammates told her she did great....it's funny to hear them talking about the games...what went right....what went wrong...what they need to work on....come back tomorrow and keep winning so Lauren our little pitcher will get to play some Sunday...on the first game last night Rebecca pitched one inning...and they tied 4-4...on the Second game Rebecca pitched 3 innings and they won by 3-2 these games were very competitive, even though coach had moved all our players out of their regular positions....In the team huddle at the end of the night...Coach told them "Man, we are deep, man, we are deep....everyone of you girls can play every position I put you in tonight....and play it well....come back tomorrow and keep winning..."

The parents are very encouraging to our girls...love, love, love that part of our games.....

Well, I have to go get ready for the games....

But first I wanted to show you a new card I made last night....I love the clean lines and colors and the scripture just speaks to me today....




I used a burgundy card stock for the base and layered on Websters pages papers....I tore and inked the edges of the sentiment and then popped it out with pop dots and added a postage stamp pic in the lower corner, and then a rich brown stitched ribbon on the bottom....I love the look of this card....

I would like to enter it in these challenges:
WordartWednesday.blogspot.com-challenge #17...
StampinSistersinChrist.blogspot.com-challenge #128
MojoMonday.blogspot.com-challenge #230
This is the inside of the card for journaling....
I hope you have a beautiful weekend...
Blessings...
Sherry

No comments: