Thursday, February 2, 2012

The mouse and the new room-mate

 Hello,

Here is my card that finally up-loaded...can you see this little mouse....adorable....I have decided to learn how to color with Copic markers and Prisma pencils....so remember I'm a beginner...I don't have any copic markers yet...but I do have a large stash of various tom-bo and stamp-in up markers that Holly gave me....today was very productive....I have managed to get a good deal of my scrap room organized....I'm not done....but I can tell you I have made some real progress....

Today was errand day...Rebecca is off for teacher in service days....so I took her with me....I worked on my sraproom this morning while listening to Ustream archives of Kathryn on Life on the scrap beach....that was fun, she is so nice....and Gary went to his last day of physical therapy for his foot....after lunch...we headed out...to accomplish all my to do stuff for today....we went to the Goodwill and dropped off some clothes and toys....then we went to the bank...then we went to Sears and took back a dolly that we did not need after all....and I bought my mom and electric throw...so that she can try to stay warm at dialysis....they have turned her machines to the coldest temperatures (this is to keep her from clotting off her access)...she is using two blankets right now and she can't get warm...she says it's like being in a freezer and your blood feels like icicles as they are pumping it back in...:O....So...we bought her the electric throw... I hope this helps...we then ran it over to her house....she has dialysis in the morning....then we went to Best Buy and returned a mouse pad....but it was 35 days after I bought it...and apparently they have a 30 day return rule even with a receipt....and some stuff is 14 days...wow....did not know that...so basically they have given me a gift card thing for store credit...


Then we went to JC Penny and returned a shirt....which I had bought in early December....they returned my money no problem....and then Rebecca bought some green nail polish at Sephora....for $10.00...I didn't even know nail polish could cost $10.00....

Next stop Hobby Lobby...now granted I did not need to go to Hobby Lobby....but it was in the same parking lot as JC Penny....so, we went in and I looked around....and bought nothing...can you believe it...seriously this does not happen often....I showed great restraint....

Then we were supposed to go to Wal-Mart and buy some AA batteries and get the jewelry dept.  to replace my watch battery....but at this point me and Rebecca were shopped out, and I decided that I didn't mind wearing a watch that had stopped....so we blew it off...we will do the Wal-Mart adventure another day....We would have high-tailed it home....but....we were not done....we had to go check on MaMaw in the nursing home...and take her clean clothes and pick up her dirty clothes...on a side note the nursing home is excellent and gives excellent care and is perfectly willing to do her laundry....but....MaMaw refuses to let them....because....they won't do it right....and she knows I will...or so she tells me anyway....While we were there we filled out her menu for the next week with her, wow....they feed her good....Rebecca and I were getting hungry just reading the list....Mamaw has a new room-mate that she is not too pleased with....she says she plays in the bathroom and stops up the toilet by continually filling it with toilet paper....I asked her how she knew this, because she is blind...and she told me "the nurses told me...."
O....K......and then I suggested that we pull the curtain more closed between her side of the room and the other persons as the other person was trying to sleep...."Oh, heaven's no, don't do that...she will sleep all day and keep me up all night..."....I said  "Why, is she talking to you?"...."No, she just rummages around on my side....riffling thru my things and waking me up in the middle of the night" she said.  As MaMaw is talking to us...she is facing her TV in her wheel chair with her feet propped up on her stool...me and Rebecca are sitting on her bed.........the room-mate comes over and riffles around on Mamaw's table and grabs the candy jar opens the lid and helps herself....and turns around and walks back to her bed...we can hear her clicking the candy in her mouth....me and Rebecca just look at each other....then she comes back and puts a blood pressure cuff behind the candy jar on Mamaw's table (she is hiding it from the aid that is looking for it so he can't take her blood pressure)...she does not talk very much....her daughter comes in to check on her while we were there and Mamaw tells her that she is into her stuff...so the daughter scolds her mom "You can't be messing with that lady's stuff, that's not yours...and stay out of her candy...you're diabetic and shouldn't even be eating that...."...the staff scolds her while we are there....finally she responds loudly "O...K..."...so the daughter leaves and the three staff people leave and a few moments not minutes later here she comes straight for the candy jar....I get up and go over to her and gently remove the candy jar and tell her "no, that's not yours... remember..."..she stops and I notice she has her hand out and I ask her "Did you want to put it back?"...she nods her head up and down...and opens her frail little hand and drops two pieces of the hard candy in my hand....I say "Thank You..." and she goes back to her side of the bedroom....I thank God that he has been working on my patience....and I wonder how long she has had to live with diabetes....and told you can't eat that....no candy for you....and now I have a phone call (to ask permission) and another errand when I venture out again...to buy a new candy jar with some sugar free treats for Mamaws new room-mate...



I love this card I used blue cardstock for the base and raided my stash of scraps for the rest...there is a sheer ribbon and a thin burgandy ribbon layered on top of the red designer paper...I made the rose with a Cricut cartridge and backed it with a silk floral leaf...I cut black cardstock with a Cricut cartridge and used my spellbinders circle die for the image....I used a Penny Black image and sentiment...I colored the image with Tom-bo and Stamp-In Up markers...I used my postage scissors and edged the sentiment and inked it with Tim Holtz  distress ink and popped it up with pop dots....I used an EK Success scallop punch for the side edge....
The process of coloring this image was heartwarming for me and I am encouraged that as I progress on this journey I will find inspiration and great joy....

Blessings
Sherry

No comments: