Saturday, February 4, 2012

God's feathers


Hello There,
I hope you are having a wonderful day...today is Saturday and tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday....and I decided to go grocery shopping today....since I do not like to go shopping on Sunday...
First I went to Michaels and picked up some bling....I keep running out....and I also picked out some liquid pearls, I have never used this and I have been seeing some beautiful things made with this....and then I went to the drive thru at McDonalds and picked up a large diet Coke....something about this makes me happy....and then I headed out to HEB...
Well, imagine my surprise when I showed up and the parking lot was almost full....hhhhmmmmmmmm...interesting....and I get a buggy (there were about seven available) then I go in... HEB was packed...I've never seen so many men in this grocery store before....it was like Thanksgiving shopping crowded....wow.....who knew....certainly not me....I have made a mental note to self....do not go grocery shopping on Superbowl weekend....I hope I remember next year....
I still enjoyed my shopping trip....the diet coke helped and I had some mint gum that was nice to...and now I am home...groceries are put away....I got the mail....and put the trash cans up....and now I checked and the card I made yesterday was not uploaded....and I'm sitting here thinking why is this taking so long.....apparently....I did not tell it to upload, I just took the pictures......I think I was still distracted about all the wonderful friends that came to see me in the mail.....oh, the joy....see previous post for details, if you are interested....anyway, when I finally sent my card picture it uploaded in like two seconds....if I am having technical difficulties it usually is me....oh, well.....I have a beautiful card to show you I am entering it in the Word Art Wednesday blog challenge....I really enjoyed making this.....

The card base is black cardstock and I layered designer paper on top...gold, burgundy, and the top layer is gold...I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edges....a silky transparent ribbon...two silk floral leaves....a pink handmade rose....and a few feathers (we collected these on one of our trips to see Mammaw in Fredericksburg)...I don't know what kind of feathers they are, I only know man did not make them...God did and they are stunning and beautiful....and seem to have found a home on my card....this is my favorite card I think I have made....I shrank the Word Art a little and used a spellbinders die to place the Word Art on...I then backed it with some of the burgundy designer paper (I traced around the spellbinders on the edges and then cut it out...this is not the normal shape....that's what I love about spellbinders....you can change the shapes as you see fit....)...I used some brown, glittered chipboard pieces on top of the sentiment and on the side of the card next to the ribbon....I added a small amount of bling to make it pop a little more...as I studied it....I realized that the pink rose, even though it was pale pink.... was competing with the other hues on the card...so I took some of my Tim Holtz vintage photo ink and inked the tips of the petals and the edges...this really softened the effect of the rose and now it flows perfectly with the feathers....and makes a perfect card...


Have a blessed evening
Sherry

No comments: