Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Scrapbook Musings

This has been a beautiful full day...went to church and had a great time and was surprised to see Holly and Sarah there this morning...they were both adorable, they had been there since 9:00am for Pastor Kevin's class and then stayed for the sunday service which was led by Pastor Kevin as well today...we then went out to lunch with them to La Brisa which is a great mexican restaurant...and the fajitas were amazing, as usual...and the company was extra special...it was fun and energizing this morning...

Well, now I find myself on the couch with Gracie...she doesn't talk much, mostly sleeps and kicks me for the covers ... Gary and Rebecca are off at softball practice this afternoon...it looked like rain this morning and I casually mentioned to Gary that they may not have softball practice today...he didn't respond....but...as we were going into church Gary told Rebecca that I THREATENED them that they may not be going to practice... apparently I was acting like a bully and yielding a loaded mouth when I casually mentioned that it looked like rain...    

I find myself in need of recovering from staying up till the wee morning hours scrapping with some friends at the rubber stamp and scrapbook expo...I had such a good time, strolling around and looking at all the beautiful cards and layouts on display....and the make in takes were fun to...I think I'm going to use one of the tags for part of my daughters birthday card this year...because it just reminds me of Holly....and the little flip fold pocket card I am going to tuck into my other daughters mini scrapbook I made her for Christmas...I loved watching all the demonstrations from all the artists in the booths...and I am going to try my hand at making some more flowers and there is a technique flower class in Feb. that is close that I am going to try my hand at....but for now I think I need a nap...the words are getting a little blurring and my eyelids are very heavy...

I did manage to snag a few really cool die cuts from Spellbinders...and three different stamp sets from Penny Black (I love these images)...and my friend Christy made a wonderful little mini book out of starbucks coffee sleeves....and then she gave me some of her sleeves and I have started on my first starbucks sleeve album....

May the Lord bless your day as you meander thru this most beautiful peaceful sunday afternoon.

No comments: