Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A sleepy day ponderings

Hello....today has been a little strange...we are supposed to be in winter mode right....well, we are in gray skys, misty, sometimes a few sprinkles of rain and temps in the upper sixties, it's been like this for days ....I think it feels weird...I can't seem to tell my days from my nights when the weather stays like this...for example I did not want to get out of bed this morning....and I stayed in bed a whole eleven minutes after my alarm went off....this is not normal for me...I usually wake up a little before my alarm actually goes off or if I sleep till it goes off I then easily get up...because I have things to do, I have everything timed out, I have a routine and if I deviate from it on school mornings things can get a little sticky, so I try to keep it moving....get up, get dressed, get breakfast for three, make Rebecca's lunch for school, feed the dog, let the dog out, let the dog in, unlock the shop, make sure Rebecca is up and getting ready, she usually is...but this morning we were both dragging...I told you it was a weird kind of day...I drove her to school in a haze....it was not foggy outside...it seemed to be foggy inside of my head....and then I went to Walmart to pick up a few things for us and Mammaw, she needs socks and black knee highs...when I got home this morning I started the laundry, made the beds, did the dishes, emptied the trash, put up the groceries....all the while, feeling tired.....which is strange for me, I am a morning person and have the most energy at the start of my day, but apparently, not today....I decided to sit down and rest while I removed the packaging and stickers and plastic brad things that hold socks together these days and write Mammaw's name in her white socks and unwrap her black knee highs and put them in pairs....well, I discovered that in one of the packages of knee highs they only had three knee highs and it was a two pair pack, so there should have been four altogether....but they short changed me....I have decided not to mention this to Mammaw....because....I don't have I have the energy to go into a lengthy discussion of the value of a dollar...(this two pair pack of knee highs cost $1.24, where they came up with that number I will never know)....If I tell her about this she will tell me I should take them back and don't let them short change me....and they need to know that the package said two pair, and it only had one and a half pair...and I should not have to pay for two pair when they only gave me one and a half pair....etc.....etc.....I can almost quote you ver-ba-tum what she will say....:0....so please, let's just keep this to ourselves and she will never know....I see no need to stress her out over one little missing knee high...I got a phone call from her the other day while I was at the scrapbook expo she left me a message, she said ".I need for you to pick me up some plain ol chapstick, nothing expensives....no scented kinds or expensive brands like carmex....no it needed to be plain"...so, I got her plain....I will take it to her tommorrow if the weather does not turn bad...her clothes should be dry by then I hope...

In the meantime I took mom in to check her access and get an ultra sound done to see if she needed surgery to get it unclotted, her dialisis nurses thought it may be clotting off...apparently the term..."The thrill is gone"... does not mean what it used to mean...:)....but her "Thrill" in her arm fistula is still strong....and she does not need surgery yet....Praise God for little blessings like this...it makes my day.....

Rebecca had a basketball game this afternoon... we went.... they played well.... we came home.... ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.... she did her homework and studied for her tests.... then Gary and Rebecca loaded up and went to softball practice...did I mention it's drizzling outside now...so here I sit on the couch.... I'm still tired.and my eyes feel very fuzzy....I fell asleep at lunch.....and I'm still tired....it's not even 8:30pm and it feels like midnight....it's weird...I will be glad when the weather clears up....

If I wasn't soo tired I would go and work on my Starbucks mini album....but apparently, I need a blankie and some warm milk or cocoa....I can't go to bed yet...Gary and Rebecca aren't home yet, and I have to tell them goodnight....but if I'm asleep on the couch when they finally show up....that counts right...I stayed up....I didn't go to bed....that counts right...

goodnight and may the Lord bless you with a peaceful nights sleep
Sherry

No comments: