Monday, January 23, 2012

Christy Faught's Starbuck Sleeve Mini

Hello there, 
I wanted to share with you the Starbucks coffee sleeve mini album that my friend Christy Faught made and brought to the crop Saturday to show me....Well, let me tell you, it wowed me with the sheer genius of this idea....great way to recycle and be productive...Christy was just watching some you tube videos...don't you just love you tube...I do....so many great ideas to share....well, anyway....she saw it, and then did her take on it....she told herself "I am not spending anything on this, I'm going to use what I have from my stash".....apparently she has a well stocked stash....because this little mini is just adorable and so versatile....it could be.....a brag book....a journaling book....a quote book...a scripture memorization book...etc....you are only limited by your own imagination....


What you will need to make this book: six starbucks coffee sleeves for the pages, 3 sleeves for the tags, and another  1 or 2 for the feet (the little squares that you attach the rings with) basically a total of ten to eleven sleeves, two one inch metal rings, a hole punch, a simple stapler and staples....then raid your stash for scraps and start getting your scrap on....it's time you got inky....and made a play date with your inner child....
Basic construction:  squish six sleeves flat, these are your pages with pockets (clever  huh)...then take three sleeves and  cut in half on the sides to slip into the pocket...trim the ends till they easily slide into the pockets....measure out a one inch by one and one eighth inch square cut out twelve of these little squares from the remaining sleeves and insert one eighth inch into bottom of sleeve ( the smaller end is the bottom)...place the little foot about one fourth of an inch from the side of the sleeve (see photo above)...staple foot and both sides of sleeve....you have now formed your pocket without any extra glue or tape or supplies and your tag will not fall out....(I repeat....clever huh)....
Here is the finished book that Christy Faught made and brought to the crop...it is just awesome...the ribbons and the fibers on the rings are perfectly suited for the papers and embellishments she used...I did not take a picture of each tag...I probably should have...but with the pictures listed below you can get the idea of how she laid out her book...
This page has a small pocket on it, in addition to the pocket in the page itself....there are really no measurements needed for this project to speak of just lay out your sleeve on the papers of your choice...cut out and glue....or glue and cut out....she used a glue stick (again, clever huh)....then embellish as you see fit...it's practically fool proof...and I have a feeling this little mini is going to be addictive....

Another page to admire...Oh, the possibilities....I don't think you will use much more than the equivalent of two twelve by twelve papers,  small amount of ribbon, glue stick and embellies....
This page reminds me of the guitar hero game....I think this is a chipboard piece...she stamped, and used rub-ons, and stickers and bling, and metal pieces...
I love this...believe in yourself....it speaks to me....
Small topnote page is opened to show detail and space....
This is one of my favorite quotes that I use all the time....this is one of the reasons why I  fell in love with this little mini....
This little folder that says inspire everyone around you opens up for extra journaling or pictures...the colors in these papers are from different paper packs...she co-ordinated them perfectly...see the tiny chain and dog tags those are stickers over the thin bands of ribbon, and the tiny pinwheel sewn in the center of the inked vellum....
This page has the little folder opened....
great little journaling page...the little envelope to the right has a tiny tag inside...I see some twine and  vellum.....lots of inking and layering....
These tags have been glued down to the page....I think the tags are chipboard, covered and then army stickers and popped out with pop dots....the cotton little fiber thread is hand stitched in place....
Can you see the possibilities....Dare to Dream.....
This is another page...
This is the the back of the book...I love this quote as well..."Every noble work is at first impossible" byThomas ???
I have started my own book at the crop but I do not have enough sleeves to make the tags...so I improvised and am using lightweight chipboard....it will be great....I am using up some of my scraps as well....when I finish mine I will post as well....I hope you have enjoyed this and are thinking of all sorts of possibilities for using these little mini's....please post a comment on what you think of this....I would love to hear from you...




Blessings
Sherry

No comments: