Thursday, January 26, 2012

My first card to enter in a blog challenge


Today, has been beautiful...a cool, breezy, sunshiny kind of early spring day.....I know....I know....we are supposed to be in winter mode....Well, I live in Texas... and the weather changes about as often as the clock chimes...

I have been in jeans and a light sweater today....I am happy to inform you that I seem to be energized just by the appearance of my old friend Mr. Sun....well, Hello sunshine....sit down and stay awhile....I have not been tired at all today....and the only change is....the sun came out.....God help me if I have to move somewhere with no sun for long periods of time.....I think it would be quite rough to say the least...and I might turn into Rip Van Winkle.....


Guess What ???


I have finally decided to enter my first card EVER in a Blog Challenge....and I like the way it turned out...the only requirement was to use the scripture presented on the blog "Word Art Wednesday" or another scripture or up-lifting quote with your ART....Well, I figure if it's got the word in it, my time won't be wasted....so I dove right in and came up with this card....I'm just not sure which picture to submit...and how to link it to my project page....since I blog....here....and I don't have any other pages....I think this is the correct page...at least....I hope so....we shall see....this is like going on an adventure and you just don't know what's going to happen around the corner....but you keep going....just to see what happens next....What do you think of the card...and which picture shows it off the best....to submit....

The link to the challenge is:  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
This is part of the Word Art Wednesday Challenge they do each week....this is fun and I hope some of you can join in on the fun....there is a prize....but, I have no idea what it is....if I find out I will let you know....





Here in photo #1- I took a straight shot of it laying flat on the black background.....

On photo #2 - I took the shot with the card standing up and tried to get as much light as possible on it....to show the depth of the colors and the degree of layering....

On this photo #3 - I angled the card slightly...and I love the way the light is cast on the card...I think this is the best photo to submit....but,  I'm not positive....

On photo  # 4 -  I tried to get a side angle so that you could see the dimension on the flowers, leaf, bling, and layers of paper and ribbon...I am  not sure which picture is best to submit....what do you think....


Oh, I forgot to tell you how I made the card....first I used black cardstock for the base it measured 8 x 5 and a half wen it was folded, I used my scoreboard...next I layered some gold vellum slightly smaller than the base that I used a Martha Stewart punch on the edge and glued it to the black cardstock...then I used a piece of red designer paper from DCWV Mariposa pack cut it down to 8 x 4 and a half and I also edged it with the same Martha Stewart punch (it is not marked...so I do not know the name, they should label these so people can buy them, when somebody does something cool with them that you just NEED to DO to....but you don't know the name of their punch....)...I then inked the edges with Tim Holtz -Vintage Photo Distress Ink (I love this stuff, I can do soooo many amazing things with it...and it looks like I am amazing...but really its just the ink doing it's own inky thing)....I then raided my ribbon stash...don't ask me what kind....all I know is it's soft, transparent, organza like and silky on the paper and slippery in my fingers....and I have it in several colors...perfect for cards and bows...but I did not put a bow...I tried but it looked tacky....I tucked the ends of the ribbon behind the designer red paper and glued it down...I love the gold peeking out from under the red...it thrills me....and then I used some of my stash that I had made out of black cardstock with my new Cricut cartridge called "Art Philosophy" from Close to my Heart (it's an exclusive of theirs, and it really is....AMAZING....this is me singing....:)....)...I used two different sizes of something frilly...if you really want to know, leave a comment and I will go look it up....I then took my sentiment and ran it thru my cuttlebug on white cardstock and used a spellbinders Labels Eight (the fourth one if you are counting smallest to largest, since there are six in this set)...I then inked it to look like suede or leather...with...what else...Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo Distress Ink...I told you I can do amazing things with this stuff....and then I popped it up with some foam dimensionals...and laid it on top of the black frilly circle things...and then I grabbed my stash of paper Roses...yes, I have a stash....I made these while I was at the softball fields on weekend with Rebecca and Gary....yes, I did....frankly, Honey...I can scrapbook anywhere...and then I grabbed a silk leaf and used my Red tape...you know the good stuff and stuck the roses and leaf in place...trust me...they are on lock down now....and finally I had to add a little bling....because....because....it's my card....and I wanted it on there....so I DID IT MYYYYYYYY WAY....Oh wow, excuse my loud letters they are just way to excited about this card....if you have any questions about this card that I did not answer, leave a comment and I will get back to ya....






Enjoy what's left of this beautiful day....


Blessings
Sherry

No comments: