Thursday, May 10, 2012

Softball, butterflies and Rebecca's Mothers Day

Hello There,
I hope this evening finds you well....I was outside a bit today and it was wonderful....I was cleaning my pool...it is amazing how fast algae can get out of hand when you don't have the right amount of chlorine in your pool....sheeeeesh....well...enough about that....

I have found some amazing recipes on Pinterest that I am going to make....I made the Waldorf salad and it turned out really good....it has cottage cheese, cool whip, pinapple, and sugar free lime jello....

As I was cleaning the pool I saw a huge spider, not as big as a tarantula...but I swear it was close...and I showed it to Gary and he squished it and said uh-huh....and then I saw this little frog which made me jump because I was still thinking about the size of the spider.....

Then near the end I saw the biggest yellow and black butterfly just fluttering around my pool area...I have not seen one this size in quite a while...it was just beautiful....

I do think it is amazing how dusty my outside patio table gets....I will have to start cleaning it daily now....

I still need to clean some outside furniture and the fence...but maybe that will have to wait till later...I don't care for later...I am a more get er done kind of gal....it gives me more time to scrapbook....

Rebecca has recently had another birthday....and she received two of her mail order presents...one was a new batting helmet that she picked out with her dad...they couldn't find any good ones at the stores....and yes I said stores....

The other thing that she wanted was a new bed cover and dust ruffle that she pinned on Pinterest...it came in and I put it on her bed...I cried....her room lost some of its jr. high charm and now looks like a high schooler's room....four short years to go....it's sad how fast our children grow....Rebecca is almost done with eighth grade and then will be a high schooler....on the ride home from school today she told me that she was sorry that we would be at the softball tournament on Mother's Day....I told her I don't mind, and I love watching her play....even if I'm annoying to her and she has to tell me to tone it down...(apparently, I can get a little loud in the cheering area)....this produced quite a grin on her beautiful face...she's growing up....and I will enjoy and cherish every minute of it....precious memories....

Blessings
Sherry

No comments: