Monday, March 5, 2012

Nightmare tournament with pictures....

Hello There, 
This weekend went by like a blurrrrr....seriously busy...I slept great each night....I always seem to sleep better when I have been at the softball fields....I wanted to share some photos of my girl...doing her thang...as she says....



This is her new uniform...she is 13yr. and in the eighth grade....her team is called "Nightmare"and she loves loves loves purple....

It seems like whatever team she is on they let her pick her number "8"...and she says "8" is her number for life, it's her favorite...Notice the braid....has to be braided for every game....that's part of her "GEAR"... and lots and lots of water....

Here are some photos of the games so far this season....Rebecca is up to bat and is making contact with the ball....I love this pick the ball is right there....amazing shot...

Rebecca is on third and has tagged the runner out....

Rebecca "8" is sliding into third and is not tagged she makes it...she's safe....and later she scores....

She is up to bat again...I love this kid....

She hits the ball and takes off...

Fully clothed in her battle armor...she's a catcher...and is drying off the ball....she's a serious ball player....

Throwing ball to the pitcher....

Rebecca is "on deck" and is timing the pitches....

Notice that she still has her catchers leg armor on...she won't take them off until she's going to bat....to save time in case  they get the third out before it's her time at bats....

She is focused....and patient....

Still timing the pitches....

Waiting it out...watching every play carefully....
For the love of the game she plays....
For the love of her I watch.....


Precious Memories how they linger....ever often on my mind....

Games were great this weekend...."Nightmare" came in third in their first tournament of the season....Rebecca pitched some of the games and caught most of the games and she made a homerun in this tournament....all of the girls on the team made some spectacular plays....they got beat up pretty bad in this tournament...pulled hamstrings...wrenched backs...catching balls bare handed....there was a lot of tears shed on the fields of pain this weekend...lots of limping off the field and hobbling to first base....but they did not quit...they kept playing and with all the injuries they still came in third.....this teams got heart...

I heard a loud whap sound like the ball hitting the glove hard and loud and then someone screaming in the midst of the play at home...the runner came in sliding and the catcher was right on top of her in a moment as the ball was flying in....and then quiet....and they helped the batter up....and as I was watching I saw her crying...my girl....she had caught the ball "bare-handed and the loud whap sound was the ball slamming into her bare palm and the screaming was her...she told me later that she scared the runner to death because she was on top of her....face to face... catchers helmet to batters helmet....and she was screaming in her face as the ball came into her hand...she said the girls eyes got huge as she screamed into her face...I couldn't help it mom, it hurt....she said....and she finished the game.... she did not get the out...because the ball was not in the glove....

I asked Rebecca this morning how her hand felt today...and she said it still hurts....
I asked Rebecca this afternoon while she was doing homework how her hand felt and she said it still hurts....I did not ask her at bedtime.....because I know the answer...will be...it still hurts....and she's bummed she only has two games this week and no tournament this weekend....This is my girl....she's been playing since she was 5yr. old...and even then she would go to bed crying if they got knocked out of a tournament on Saturday and she did not get to go play on Sunday....


I learned two new cheers this weekend....the girls were fired up in the dug-out.....

"I see a GAP, and (insert batters name here) is going shopping"....

"Rolling, Rolling, Rolling....Pitcher's going Bowling...
Better get them Worms a helmet...woop, woop...."

These cracked me up...and then I heard a coach yell at his batter....when the Umpire was calling strikes low..."Hey, he likes em low, better go downstairs and get it..."

On some of the games I kept score and one of the teams had nicknamed some of their players...names in the lineup :  "icee", "hollywood", "wheels",  etc....
I love this game...

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share....
Blessings...
Sherry

No comments: