Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekends are Wonderful....

      I have been amazed with my weekend so far....today is Sunday and church was Amazing, the message about being on God's treadmill really hit home with me and is still ringing inside of me...we came home and had taco's (leftover's)....Gary fixed Rebecca's softball glove and then they headed out the door in this cold....cold....weather for a two and a half hour softball practice....they got home a little before five and it is now almost nine and Gary says his feet are still cold....(I told him it was too cold to do practice...but apparently they did not take my vote seriously....)...we went out to eat with Holly tonight...this is the first time we have seen her since she got back from her trip to Arizona and she looked great...vibrant and beautiful as always (thanks for praying for her...she had a great, safe trip)...the day before was Saturday...I slept in....shocking for me...but I did...then I realized...Rebecca and Gary and Gracie slept in...it turned into one of those days....late late breakfast and then late lunch....then I went to Michaels and literally looked around most of the store....I think I spent three hours in Michaels and I still did not see everything...but it was a wonderful piddle around kind of day...then I meandered around in HEB grocery shopping...eventually I came home... put up the groceries and made tacos... guacamole and pico de giyo (forgive my spelling I am just guessing how to spell this word)...and it was all good...yeah for the Pioneer Woman's recipes...these are great...after dinner I got comfortable...pulled out my laptop and went blog hopping...time passed quickly and I got tired and was about to go to bed...but something lured me over to You Tube and I started cruising You Tube Videos till the weeeeee...(picture that little pig in the commercials) hours of the morning....it was after one am when I finally went to bed....then there's Friday....busy work day....and then I went scrappin at the fire house with Gina, Christy and a few other friends...I got a great start on making my Valentines... came home around 11:30 pm (the firemen have asked us to leave at 11:00pm instead of 12:00pm....apparently they want to go to bed and have to lock up the firehouse after we leave)....well, I could not go to bed when I got home because I was sooo keyed up from scrappin... that I stayed up till about almost two in the morning...reading everybody's blogs (these things are so addictive aren't they...)....this is probably why I slept in....on Saturday....I plan on having a wonderful card making....chocolate baking kind of day....well, I will try to fit in what I can....because Monday is a workday....but, I have done all of my cleaning and most of my laundry today while Gary and Rebecca went to Softball practice...soooo....I'm kinda hopeful that I will get some cards and baking done on a MONDAY....it's going to be one of my FUN days.....


I managed to make a peach cobbler today while Gary and Rebecca were at practice...and it made the  whole house smell wonderful...here is the recipe if you are interested....
Blessings
Sherry


Peach Cobbler

1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1tsp. orange juice

1 stick butter

1 large can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup

Place one stick of butter in 13x9 inch pan and put in oven, then preheat oven to 350 degree's (as the oven is preheating it will melt the butter....
meanwhile...
whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in medium bowl...
in a glass measuring cup blend the evaporated milk, vanilla, and orange juice and pour into dry ingredients and whisk together....
remove pan from oven when butter is melted (but don't burn it....it just takes a few minutes to melt the butter)...
pour the batter mixture in the center of the butter in the pan, it will spread out...and then spoon the peaches and the juice over the batter mixture...but do not stir....place in oven and bake till golden brown....time will vary depending on your oven...30-50 minutes or so...
take out and enjoy...
be careful if you eat it right away...
it is very very hot...and very very good....



No comments: