Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sebastian and the Costa Rica girl....

Howdy....
Today has been a slow day....but I have finished two of my continuing education courses....and I mailed off Sebastian's cards ( I made him a little care package....I would love to see his face when he opens it...I placed a large holograph sticker of Spider Man in the bottom of the box with a Spiderman Activity Sticker book, on top of that I placed a stuffed Buffalo wearing a blue bandanna and a handheld flashing multi light, you push a button and the lights turn on multicolored and spin, I think he will like it)...Life is Good...and I love warm fuzzy moments like these....and I sent the shoebox in to Rebecca's school for the Costa Rica Senior mission trip....basically you fill a shoebox up with stuff for a child...girl box or boy box, it's fun to shop for and truly warms the heart to do....our box this year was for a girl....possibly an older child between 7-teen years....we started with a pink hand towel, and rolled a pink washcloth up for a pillow and placed an adorable elephant beanie baby on the makeshift pillow, then add a large cinnamon flavored toothpaste and two toothbrushes, a large hair brush, a package of pony's, lots of hair ribbons, two packs of BubbleYum gum,  two medium journals, a cool pack of colored gel pens, a ten pack of pencils and a pencil sharpener....the lid will not stay closed...but that's ok.... the seniors will tape it shut soon...(.great, I forgot the soap...I will have to send tomorrow and they will have to squeeze it in)....and that's all there is to filling a shoebox...oh, and I sent her the adorable card that I won in the blog prize I recently told you about...it was perfect for this box....with pink satin ribbon, hearts and sparkles....it will please a girl in any country...)......I am thankful that God allows me to be his hands once and a while....it blesses me....

Blessings
Sherry

No comments: