Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Cards part Two

This is Valentines day...and I am picking up Rebecca from school...she is walking toward me now....can you see her...

She is getting closer and she appears to have a balloon parade trailing her....

On Valentine's day you can send balloons, flowers, candy and a singing telegram to any student at school for a small fee....it's a Senior fund raiser for their mission trip...and it's fun....

She is coming out of P.E. where she has been practicing pitching for an hour...she is a catcher.....but apparently she is going to be pitching this season for the school jr. high team....she has a great attitude....she appears to be loaded down...

She is laughing...and is trying to get a handle on all of her balloons....

she smiles...she is in the 8th grade...last year of Jr. High....

She has a handle on her balloons and poses for me....

As she was loading all her loot in the car one of the heart balloons escaped and went sailing into the wide blue sky....she is home now...she is just adorable.....she is my last baby at home till she grows up and fly's away like Holly did....but for now I have the joy of a few more priceless years to just LOVE ON HER....and cherish each fleeting moment....I  love Valentine's Day at school....she really enjoys it....

This is the card I made my mom....I used seafoam green cardstock and some of the colorbox rose garden designer papers....I added a red heart doily and some mini white doilies....I folded four doilies in half and pleated them into a circle and edged and inked them with the TH Burgundy distress ink....I used some thin maroon ribbon for the bow...I hand made the pink rose...and inked the edges with the burgundy ink as well....I made the hat pin and stuck it in the rose...I used some of the pink glitter flourishes...on the ledge I used some plaid ribbon and three pink brads....I really like the look of this card very Valentiny looking...

this is a side view...to show you the dimensional effect of all the elemental layers....

I have to give a shout out to my friend Christy Faught....this design concept is her idea....I think she calls it a tri-fold card...and I really like it...I hope you will give this idea a try....I bet you will like it too....My Guy asked me tonight if I would put his card on his desk....(My Guy liked his card...)...my mom put hers on her nightstand and kept looking at it and saying" it's beautiful"....Rebecca said "wow....uh...thanks."...and she took it to her room and immediately set it on her dresser....they all seemed to enjoy it as a " picture"....to look at....as well as a card you read and slip into a drawer....I will give Holly hers this weekend and see what she thinks....

I know I will make more of this style of card....it's too much fun not to.....if you have any questions....leave a comment and I will get back to you...you can make these cards any size you want...the bottom ledge is 4 inches and if you need to add it as a separate piece add one half of an inch to score and adhere to the back....

Blessings
Sherry

No comments: