Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Cards part One

These are the beautiful flowers My Guy (Gary) gave me for Valentines day....I  spent Valentines day making cards, chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate truffles....house smelled like chocolate....it was wonderful....
I made this card for Holly....it turned out amazing....the base is white textured cardstock from Colorbok, and then I layered with desert sand cardstock...some red designer paper that I punched with the EK Success punch to look like I tore it out of a spiral....then a mini white doily, and a red doily heart...some sheer organza cream ribbon paired with a cotton plaid....to the right I added a dress form tag that I had made at a make and take a few weeks ago....I added some of the plaid ribbon on top to tie it into the card...and I tucked a pleated mini white doily behind the tag...I popped the tag out with pop dots...I then added a hat pin....hat pins are new to me....and apparently I love them.....so easy and fun...I used a corsage pin with a small pearl on top and added beads from my stash....the is also some Recollection brown glitter flourishes on the card and ledge...everything is inked with TH Vintage Photo distress ink....and there is some more of the plaid ribbon on the ledge...I popped out the sentiment with some pop dots....and edged the edges with some postage shears...

This is a side view...to see the dimension....



This is the card I made for Rebecca....it is just well...wow...I love the way it turned out....I  used colorbok white textured cardstock for the base...I then layered a sea foam green cardstock on top of the white.and then more layers with the rose garden colorbok paper on it.....I added a red doily heart...and used some mini white doilies (I folded them in half and pleated them, I used four to make the circle layered on top of the red doily heart...I added the scallop chipboard circle with the sentiment...I popped it out with a pop dot...I edged and inked with TH burgundy distress ink....there is organza cream ribbon on the side and I also used a bow of organza ribbon that I popped out with a pop dot...I have also used a small cotton plaid ribbon for a more layered effect...I am trying my hand at the hat pins....and they are fun...I used a corsage pin with a small pearl on top...and then added some beads and stuck it behind the doilies....there are some dark pink glitter flourishes from Recollections on this card, I placed them on the top right and on the edge of the ledge...I have used a MS doily punch on the edge of the ledge as well...and then inked it out with the TH burgundy distress ink....

This is the side view so that you can see more of the dimensional effect...

This is the card I made for Gary...aka...My Guy...it just seems perfect for him....I used some paper from colorbok with the tools and metal stuff for guys....and the base is colorbok white textured cardstock....I layered over the white with a desert sand type of cardstock color and then some designer papers on top...I used some metal gears...and a simple maroon ribbon....I had some brown glitter flourishes that I added and the effect is cool,,,,not girly at all....I used a few of my stamp sets to set off the sentiment on the pocket as well as the ledge the card sits on....and then I gave them more texture with some postage edge scissors...I have inked everything with Vintage Photo (my absolute fav.) distress ink...there are ten little 'sticks' in the pocket each a handwritten thing that I love about my husband....

This is a side view of the card....it shows more detail of how the card looks sitting on a table or desk...

this is what the card looks like on the inside...I used some more desert sand cardstock and some designer paper as a base...I used an EK Success punch to edge the designer paper...it added alot of dimension to the card...this photo is on the side (so you can see it better)...then I wrote the sentiment...and tore the edges and inked it out....it turned out AWESOME...I love this card...

A view of all three cards together....these were so much fun to make....
and it warmed my heart to do it....
the amazing thing about LOVE is it grows and grows and grows....


Blessings
Sherry


No comments: