Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kids and Sports... memories in the making...


Hello There,...Well, volleyball season for Jr. High is coming to a close with the last game today, it has been a great season for the team, and this is Rebecca's last year to play in Jr. High, she moves up to high school next year.  I wanted to share some of the things that make me soo HAPPY TO SCRAP....I made each of the girls their own ball with their names, jersey number, paw print stickers, and of course a little bling...The Junior High in black I made last year and it still looks great...This is displayed in their main gym...and I made them a different one to display on their lockers...but I can't find my pictures of them...I think I will go visit their lockers this week and take another photo or two...:)


I wish I had the locker volleyballs to show you too...


This is a close-up of one of the volleyballs so you can see the name, jersey number, paw print stickers and the bling....I used the sports mania cartridge with my Cricut and backed it in black...their uniforms are black and white... wait till you see next years....oh it's gonna be AWESOME...

I made this poster for their den (the place they hide out in between games in the tournaments, they go pow-wow with the coaches, rest, tape up injuries and have snacks and water breaks.  LSCS puts on three tournaments for volleyball a year and they are amazing...)  The ribbon at the top is part of the ribbon that Rebecca used for her hair in this season...and again I used my Cricut with the sports mania cartridge for the dimensional's you see...the girls signed it in Blue...school colors...I used volleyball brads on this as well, they look like white buttons in this photo...and you can't see it but I blinged the hands on the net with tiny rhinestones for rings and bracelets...



 I decided to make something special for Rebecca's last volleyball game day in Jr. High...
So now that it's October and chocolate is running amuck down practically every aisle it seemed perfect...and who doesn't love chocolate...

Here is a closer view...I think they turned out adorable...I found a few you tube videos and learned how to make a fun conversation piece...and I know I will be using this idea a lot now that the holidays are close at hand...

These are made out of pink cardstock, some purple volleyball girl paper (really fun to work with), and a volleyball brad as an added dimensional, there is a slight glare on the photos, but the brads do add a lot to the overall look, I stamped and inked the two dimensionals and used pop dots to bring out the 3D effect....(did I mention that I love pop dots)...

The shorter version has a Kit Kat bar in white chocolate, that I made especially for one of the girls that did not like chocolate...all the other treat pulls have a normal Hershey bar in them...Well, when Rebecca saw them she loved them, but informed me that ALL the girls like chocolate...SOOOO I remade hers to be exactly like the others....and gave the white chocolate Kit Kat to my husband...

On the back of the purple belly band I attached a small paw print for their school spirit....they are the LIONS and there are paw prints on all the school spirit gear....

Each pull has ribbon that is looped around the Hershey bar  , and all you do is untie the bow, or  untwist the wired ribbon and pull the candy out that is hiding in secret behind the cute-ness...I loved this idea and I hope they love it too...Rebecca was well pleased...

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did and feel free to copy anything you see for your own kids and teams...Oh the joy of a chocolate filled day....

No comments: