Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sports Uniform Flowers


Hello There,
I hope you are doing well...I have been very busy lately...Rebecca's school softball league has just finished and now her regular league last game is tomorrow night...and then we are into full blown softball All-Star...summer mode...she had a tournament this weekend and then a game Monday night, and tonight (we just got back), and her last official game for the league is tomorrow night....at the game tonight as she was catching...she made a play to throw down to second and get the runner out...it was a perfect throw...but as the ball left her hand...she yelled "There's nobody there"....the ball hit the bag and beat the runner easily......oh well...the game goes on....she has practice Thursday night and then another tournament starts Friday night and will go thru the weekend.....

Life is full of amazing things...moments are fleeting...children are growing up....Life is precious and good and wonderful...even in the midst of pain....Life is good....

I have been brainstorming on how to capture these treasured moments of Rebecca's childhood... I thought of her old uniforms and all the photo's that need to be scrapped....and I thought...I should use this material somehow....in the lay-outs with her photos....

I have been learning about making all sorts of flowers for scrapbooking lay-outs...and I thought I would use some of these flowers...I have just started making the flowers....and I do not have the photos of them in the lay-outs yet....I will post pictures of them as they are finished...




Here is a flower I made out of some of Rebecca's old softball uniform socks that she has worn thru the years...I love all the velvety layers of this poufy flower....

These are really purple...the same material as the flower above...these are spiral roses...


These are some spiral roses I have made from some tie dyed purple and white socks she has worn from a previous uniform year....notice the stained or slightly brown areas...these are actually ground in orange softball field dirt that would not be washed out.....


Blessings
Sherry

No comments: