Monday, January 2, 2012

End of Holiday Season

Hello There,
I seem to be at the end of my holidays...last day before the "normal routine" starts...it's been a nice holiday break...I have managed to keep most of my peace this season...went to church yesterday and it was amazing and then went out to Olive Garden with Gary and Rebecca...really good....then went to HEB and got the grocery shopping done....
I have all of my inside decorations taken down, except my tree...it still stands with its lights on....I will probably take it down tomorrow when I take down the outside lights and garlands....it feels rather Grinchy inside now...it is amazing how all the little sparkly things make the house feel more crowded but yet quite cozy and inviting at the same time....Oh well, next year I will bring out the sparklys once again...I do love the holidays...
Gary has come thru his foot surgery very well, and is recovering at record speed I think....Rebecca has been holed up in her room for quite a few days this week...she only comes out for food and water...I think she's part Hermit...sometimes...just like her mom and dad....down time is soooo sweeeet and very, very necessary and healing for the soul....don't you think....
I have managed to clear out my scrapbooking room of all the Christmas debri that was left behind (boxes, ribbons, wrapping paper, etc.) it has all been put away...I have everything put away and I can see the floor and it's clean and I can easily get to my desk....Oh the JOY of an uncluttered room...and now... I only have to clean off my desk...which should only take me half a day or so, we shall see...
I've been watching alot of you tube video's on mini books and interactive pages....I am sooo ready to do some serious scrappin...I gave Rebecca her mini I've been working on for Christmas...it's really not finished...but I felt bad about making her wait longer...so I will sneak it out of her room when she is in school and continue to add to it....I don't think I really ever get done with my mini's...I have to make myself quit....they are just sooo adictive and satisfying to work on....I do love to open up a new package of paper, glue, and sparkles...it just makes my heart sing....
I hope you are having a wonderful start to your year....
I will be posting some pic's of Rebecca's mini soon...it's amazing....and she picked the papers....

No comments: